Charles R. HardeeAttorney
Charles Hardee is a seasoned trial attorney who has more than 36 years of experience handling personal injury and wrongful death cases. At Hardee & Hardee, LLP, Charles, along with partner Brack Massey, handle the firm’s litigated cases, with the help of the firm’s experienced staff.
Charles grew up in Grifton, North Carolina. After completing high school, he attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he obtained his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in 1978. He then attended the School of Law at Campbell University and was admitted to practice law in North Carolina in 1981.
Charles began his law career in 1981 as an associate at the Greenville law firm of James, Hite, Cavendish & Blount. Then, in 1984, Charles and his brother, Wayne, opened their own law practice in Greenville as Hardee & Hardee. Charles and Wayne have continuously practiced personal injury law together their entire legal careers.
Charles maintains an AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®*, a prestigious peer review rating that recognizes attorneys who have reached the highest level of professional ethics and excellence. Charles is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates***, membership in which is extended by invitation based upon past trial experience. In addition, Charles is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum**, an organization limited to lawyers who have successfully obtained a verdict, award or settlement of One Million Dollars or more.
Charles and his wife, Tena, are residents of Greenville and have three married daughters.
Call Hardee & Hardee, LLP now at (252) 966-0044 to schedule your free initial consultation.
- North Carolina, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1983
Campbell University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1981
- Honors: Campbell University Law Review, 1980
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 1978
Awards & Honors:
- Campbell University Law Review
- AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®*
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates***
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum**
- Mediator, Certified by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission
- Arbitrator for Court-Ordered Arbitration in North Carolina
Memberships & Professional Associations:
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates***
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum**
North Carolina State Bar
- State Bar Councilor for the 3A Judicial District, 2011 - present
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member and past member of the Litigation Council
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member and past member of Board of Governors
- Pitt County Bar Association, Member and past President
- Eastern North Carolina Inn of Court
- First Christian Church
*Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ are an objective indicator of a lawyer's high ethical standards and legal ability. These ratings are based on evaluations of the lawyer by other members of the bar and the judiciary. AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment and is a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence. Information on standards for Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ can be found at www.martindale.com/ratings-and-reviews/consumers
**Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum is limited to lawyers who have successfully obtained a verdict, award or settlement of One Million Dollars or more. Membership in this group does not mean that a similar result will be achieved in your case because every case is different and must be evaluated separately. Standards for membership in this group can be found at www.milliondollaradvocates.com
***Standards for membership in this group can be found at www.abota.com