Get Legal Support After A Farm Equipment Accident

In most cases, slow-moving farm machinery on the road has no effect on other drivers. But when one of these agricultural machines is involved in an accident, it can cause serious injuries.

Farm equipment cannot travel as fast as cars, trucks and other vehicles, so even a responsibly operated piece of machinery can cause traffic problems, forcing traffic to pass and creating a bottleneck on one- and two-lane roads. In the event of a collision, the many sharp and moveable parts of the machine pose a much greater danger than a simple fender bender between two cars.

If you have been injured in a traffic accident involving farm machinery, speak with a lawyer right away. The personal injury attorneys at Hardee & Hardee, LLP, will help you hold the negligent party accountable and help you collect compensation for medical bills, lost wages and other expenses.

The Difference Between Personal And Commercial Insurance

An injury caused by a private individual’s personal vehicle (like a car or motorcycle) requires a different legal strategy than an injury caused by a commercial vehicle such as a tractor-trailer. That’s because commercial vehicles are generally covered by commercial insurance policies.

After a farming machinery accident, it’s important to determine whether the equipment is considered a personal vehicle or a commercial vehicle. This can depend on the type of machinery, as well as the size of the farm that owns it. A small family farm, for instance, is more likely to use equipment owned directly by individual family members.

Take Action After A Farm Equipment Accident — Call Us Today

Every personal injury is stressful, and farm equipment injuries can bring unique and confusing legal questions. At Hardee & Hardee, LLP, we will answer your questions and help you navigate the legal process.

To examine our track record, check out our results page as well as feedback we have received from our clients. To learn more about how Hardee & Hardee, LLP, can help in your case, call us at 252-787-4651 to schedule a free case consultation.